What is DevOps?
Simply put, DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development and IT operations. It aids in shortening the systems development life cycle (SDLC) by providing continuous delivery, without compromising on the quality of software being delivered. It is a cross-functional mix of combining the terms “development” and “operations,” and gradually went on to be better known as “DevOps”.
What are some of the DevOps services?
- Planning and Assessment: One of the initial phases of building a DevOps strategy, where requirements are assessed and a roadmap is created, by visualising the desired state. This also means tracing all possible metrics at every stage of the process, whether it is for a new pilot project, or assessment of an existing application or process.
- Creation of Pilot Frameworks: Once assessment is completed, it is time to use existing tools and processes to integrate with a robust ecosystem of open source or paid systems. Basically, this is where the DevOps approach gets set up.
- CICD Pipeline Creation: One of the the most commonly used terms in the DevOps world, this is what bridges any gaps in the DevOps process by use of a 4Cs process – Continuous Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Deployment.
- Microservices: Microservices, or microservice architecture, is an architectural style that structures an application as a collection of highly available services that are also testable. These services are loosely coupled (low inter-dependency of components) and independently deployable. These structures are organised around business requirements and capabilities.
- Process Automation: A crucial stage, where the entire process pipeline from Code generation to deploying the builds on production is covered and automated. This includes all aspects of deployment, such as Test Cases, QA and Security.
At CodeCulture Technologies, our team of DevOps experts engage with you at every step of your journey, whether it is for merely deciding the best strategy to be adopted for your use case, or, implementing complex pipelines on your existing systems and tools.
Our team of experts uses an array of tools and platforms depending on the requirement, while recommending, implementing and adhering to the best practices for your DevOps environment.